CONCERTS

Go to Finlandia. SIBELIUS versus LISZT

Finlandia. SIBELIUS versus LISZT

Sat 4 Aug 18:00

Go to Finlandia. SIBELIUS versus LISZT

Finlandia. SIBELIUS versus LISZT

Sun. 5 Aug 15:00

Go to YOUTH CONCERTO FESTIVAL 2018

YOUTH CONCERTO FESTIVAL 2018

Sat. 1 Sept. 18:00 Programme includes concerti for piccolo, flute, clarinet, violin and piano. Conductor : Matheu Kieswetter.

Go to YOUTH CONCERTO FESTIVAL 2018

YOUTH CONCERTO FESTIVAL 2018

Sun. 2 Sept. 15:00 programme includes concerti for piccolo, flute, clarinet, violin and piano. Conductor : Matheu Kieswetter.

Go to Tchaikovsky 5th Symphony. Vier Letzte Lieder (Richard Strauss) Moldau (Smetana)

Tchaikovsky 5th Symphony. Vier Letzte Lieder (Richard Strauss) Moldau (Smetana)

Fri 28 Sept 19:00 Tchaikovsky – Symphony No. 5 in E minor The Moldau (Smetana) Vier Letzte Lieder (Richard Strauss) – Erica Eloff (soprano) Alexander Fokkens (Conductor)

Go to Tchaikovsky 5th Symphony. Vier Letzte Lieder (Richard Strauss) Moldau (Smetana)

Tchaikovsky 5th Symphony. Vier Letzte Lieder (Richard Strauss) Moldau (Smetana)

Sun 30 Sept 15:00 Tchaikovsky – Symphony No. 5 in E minor The Moldau (Smetana) Vier Letzte Lieder (Richard Strauss) – Erica Eloff (soprano) Alexander Fokkens (Conductor)

Go to Christmas Concert 2018

Christmas Concert 2018

Sun. 25 Nov 15:00 One of the major highlights in the Gauteng Festive Season.

Go to Christmas Concert 2018

Christmas Concert 2018

Tue. 27 Nov 19:00 One of the major highlights in the Gauteng Festive Season.

Go to Christmas Concert 2018

Christmas Concert 2018

Thurs. 29 Nov 19:00 One of the major highlights in the Gauteng Festive Season.

Go to Christmas Concert 2018

Christmas Concert 2018

Sat. 1 Dec 18:00 One of the major highlights in the Gauteng Festive Season.

Go to Christmas Concert 2018

Christmas Concert 2018

Sun. 2 Dec. 15:00 One of the major highlights in the Gauteng Festive Season.

About us

To perform art inspired music through dedicated team work of talented young artists and be involved in inspiring and uplifting projects to promote the appreciation of music.
Our inspiring performances are designed to delight our loyal followers, whose fine taste in music we fully appreciate.

Gauteng Philharmonic Orchestra (GPO) is the finishing touch to the canvas primed 21 years ago by the mother company, ‘Salon Music’-now trading as ‘Brooklyn Theatre’. After a highly successful year of monthly concertising in 2014 and 2015 the GPO has now firmly established itself as a young symphony orchestra to be reckoned with. International and local instrumentalists and singers performed regularly as soloists in concerti with the orchestra. The enthusiasm of the Gauteng music lovers for these very accessible concerts was clear, judging from the steady support of the orchestra throughout the year. Figures indicate that 85% of the running expenses of the orchestra was generated through ticket sales. The remainder 15%, was sponsored by individuals and corporate sponsors. As part of Brooklyn Theatre we are confident of building on this incredible success in years to come and to deliver even more originally and artfully on our stated objectives. OUR AIMS To stage at least two performances orchestral concert performances per month at Brooklyn Theatre. To ensure that ticket sales form the basis of the income generated to fund the orchestra. To solicit the support and donations of sponsors to widen it’s scope for social projects and upliftment through music. To open all final dress rehearsals to school children and students at a nominal fee. To augment (on an ad hoc basis) the orchestra for Romantic or other works. This will also target ‘upliftment’ and aim to involve artists who could derive value and experience from playing with professionals.